bwc1976

Most Non-stop Flights Out Of San?

Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:15 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there was any way of looking up all the flights going in or out of San Diego in an average day or week, and finding out which airline offers the most non-stop destinations (not counting flights on anything smaller than a DC-9, and not counting Southwest)? I'm moving there next year, and I've been kind of spoiled with the service AA offers out of DFW. I know SAN isn't anyone's major base like DFW is, but I'd like to know which airline(s) come the closest. Thank you.

MAH4546

RE: Most Non-stop Flights Out Of San?

Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:46 pm

AA comes closest. They have San Diego to Los Angeles, San Jose, Chicago O'Hare, St. Louis, Dallas, New York City/JFK, and Boston. They used to have Miami too, and I would not be surprised to see SAN-MIA return with the new shift towards leisure markets.
a.

lindy field

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:35 am

The above list of AA's destinations from SAN should be amended to make note that the flights to Los Angeles and San Jose are operated by American Eagle on aircraft "smaller than DC-9s."

United has had a large presence with flights to SFO, ORD, DEN, and IAD, while Delta flies five or more dailies to ATL and SLC with a couple of flights to CVG and DFW as well, in addition to code-sharing with Aeromexico to three destinations in Mexico. Northwest has flights to MSP and DTW, while Continental serves EWR and IAH. America West has a number of flights to PHX and LAS, while Alaska serves SEA and PDX.

Southwest carries by far the most passengers from San Diego with flights to about a dozen destinations.

whlinder

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:52 am

Alaska also flies to Cabo out of SAN.

ont 737

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:53 am

Southwest has around 80 flights a day to 14 destinations. They fly nonstop to LAS,PHX,SMF,OAK,SJC,BNA,MDW,TUS,AUS,MCI,SAT,MSY,HOU, and ELP.

txagkuwait

Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:57 am

San Diego, huh? You may have to put on your rattiest jeans and go barefoot and start flying WN with the rest of us, the great unwashed huddled masses.

Do you own a tank top?

Just kidding. Plenty of suits and folks with blackberries and stuff flying in/out of San Diego on the ugly planes. More than a few are RR members too.

Just so you know, WN offers nonstops out of SAN to: ABQ, AUS, MDW, ELP, MCI, LAS, BNA, MSY, OAK, PHX, SMF, SAT, SJC, TUS. That's 14 nonstop destinations. You can get almost everyplace else on a 1 stop direct or a single connection. Total departures per day is roughly 85. And yep, they are the leading psgr carrying carrier out of SAN.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos