srilankan_340

Airport Or Is It ER/Holby City?

Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:14 pm

I was watching "Airport" last night on TV here in the UK and was very disappointed as to what was shown, to put it mildly. The first 17 minutes of the show (out of the 30 minutes) was on the ambulance/paramedic activities on a single passenger who suffered from an asthma attack. There are enough medical/Hospital shows in E.R. and Holby City on TV without BBC having to hijack Airport and turn it into another hospital drama!!  Angry

Compared to the previous series I feel this new one's standards have dropped. As airline/aviation enthusiast (and as someone who doesn't work at an Airport) this show is the closest one gets to have a feel for what goes on at one of the worlds busiest airport.
Bring back Jeremy and lets have more of Maria & Shekar (Gulf) dealing with passengers wishing to check in a 21"TV as hand baggage!! Big grin

Feel free to add your comments.......

Srilankan_340
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self- centered: Forgive them anyway - Mother Theresa

EGBB

RE: Airport Or Is It ER/Holby City?

Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:36 pm

The first 17 minutes of the show (out of the 30 minutes) was on the ambulance/paramedic ..

THEN....we get

13 minutes of Animal Hospital or was it batman?

0/10 from from me BBC!

Derek

groobster

Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:56 pm

Yes, there is "Animal Airport" on Animal Planet for that.

I was disappointed in yesterdays programme, not many views of planes, no last minute dashes to the gate, no offloading of bags.

Bring back the personal shopper!

:D
Next flights: MAN-DXB-BKK-DXB-MAN

Demoose

Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:41 pm

I thought exactly the same thing whilst watching airport last nite. It was more like Casualty and Animal Hospital, the worst episode i've seen. No Maria from CY either  Sad

dem
Take a ride...fly across the sky

Barcode

Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:52 pm

I have no particular problem with Jane the paramedic ... in fact she can take up all my viewing time ;-]

But seriously, the Beeb did seem to find it difficult to report on something interesting ... all that hurrah about a hoax 999 call and the obnoxious pregnant woman ... blah. I like watching irate passengers and idiots who have no clue how to get from the check in desk to the gate.

Where has the camp Mr Spake gone anyway?

wn700driver

Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:29 am

Dissapointing to say the least. I live in America now, and don't have easy access to that, but it sounds just as well. Perhaps they can find someway to shoe divorce court in there next...

Cheers then.
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

EGGD

Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:08 am

Didn't know if anyone else noticed that EVERY episode is like this. I've only seen one decent episode where they showed a QF 747 being towed over to a remote end of the airfield for Army training, and the huge runway check they do at night.

Cool stuff Big grin

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:41 am

Totally agree with Srilankan 340.

Yesterday's episode was hardly anything to do with aviation, nobody wants to see a bunch of bats just arrived from madagascar! Most episodes are like that, we need more of the Qantas and Gulf Air duty managers.

Less animals, more planes!!!

In Arsene we trust!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos