SEA nw DC10
Topic Author

Sorry To SWA Fans And Employees....

Wed Nov 03, 1999 3:50 am

Well, about a week ago, I posted a topic on SWA's unprofesionalism, and got a lot of feedback. Lots of you who replied however decided to bash NW and me, which I don't know why. This aviation forum is to post opinions and get feedback. I wasn't trying to set myself up for getting bashed and hearing sarcastic remarks about our fleet at NW. I just flew SWA and noticed this, and wanted some opinions on the subject. I think SW is a good airline, it is just that I PERSONALLY think that flying should be taken seriously..and should present a profesional look to the flying public. Some fearful flyers may see the joking as more relaxing, while others (including me) see it as done in the wrong place at the wrong time. I work for NW, love airplanes, but I am not a fearless flyer. I am 19 years old, and I've flown lots and lots of times on different airlines. I will admit that I see the joking on other airlines too, not only SWA. I wasn't trying to single out SWA, and if I came across like that, I apologize. So all I'm asking is that all of you out there let me and everybody else start topics like this without reading the replies, and getting hurt. Thanks for all your responses...

STEVE Z. NWA ramp agent SEA

RE: No Need To Apologize Steve

Wed Nov 03, 1999 5:48 am

Hey Steve, I'm with your code share partner CO. There's no need to apologize, if anything your owed an apology for the snide remarks about NW. Seems alot of people know more about our airlines then we do. Or so they think. You posted a topic which I thought was pretty good. Instead of people behaving in a mature manner, they in turn had to attack you and NW. I think there were just a handfull that actually kept to the topic. I for one, am proud that NW is our code share partner and I think the employees of NW do a fine job in running they're carrier. So if anyone is owed an apology, its you.

Mark

OPNLguy

RE: Sorry To SWA Fans And Employees....

Wed Nov 03, 1999 6:55 am

>>>I wasn't trying to single out SWA, and if I came across like that, I apologize.

Sured looked like it. Everyone's entitled to their own personal opinion, and had you originally said somthing like "It's just my personal opinion but I think they act unprofessionally" instead of identifying yourself as being an employee of a competitor and then saying "I can belive anyone talkes them seriously" , well, how do you *think* it sounds. I mean, if I said I work for for Ford and I think Chevy trucks suck, doesn't it sound just a tad biased and/or self-serving?

Southwest has been flying safely and efficiently for 28.5 years now, somewhat longer than your 19 years on the planet, let alone the industry. I submit to you that SWA has successfully identified what a large segment of the traveling public wants, and consistently provides it, and thus has been rewarded with profitability as a result.

As far as the flight attendants not inspiring your confidence based on their attire, well, I've seen them at work, and I'd put them up against any other airline, anywhere, at anytime.

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

RE: Lighten Up OPNLguy

Wed Nov 03, 1999 7:43 am

Man talk about beating a dead horse! Look the guy apologized for his post, which I don't think he should have, and here you post another one bashing him. One thing I have noticed about this site is the lack of courtesy given to people that do voice their opinions. Someone post something and all of sudden it becomes a free for all for everyone who thinks they know it all to jump on that one person, or anyone who defends them. What is also funny is that you can always spot the actual airline employee. They're the people who use manners when stating something. Most of the others sound like some pimple faced teenager with a new computer and way to much free time on their hands. And by the way I base my opinion on someone who is actually a flight attendant and has been flying for over 23 years. Learn some manners, and lighten up on people.

OPNLguy

RE: Lighten Up OPNLguy

Wed Nov 03, 1999 8:09 am

>>>One thing I have noticed about this site is the lack of courtesy given to people that do voice their opinions.

Gee, just like you just did when I voiced *mine*?

>>>What is also funny is that you can always spot the actual airline employee. They're the people who use manners when stating something.

Rather though I had...

Good day...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

RE: Grow Up Opnlguy

Wed Nov 03, 1999 8:28 am

Your the classic example of a know it all that doesn't know anything. Grow up sonny boy, soon you'll have to enter the big world.

OPNLguy

RE: Have To Agree

Wed Nov 03, 1999 9:21 am

Funny, this entire thing started when a 19-year old fellow made a rather generalized, one-size-fits-all statement to which I took polite exception to. Didn't blast the guy, didn't swear at him and insult his parentage, just tried to get him to see how he might have come off, situationally. Just expressed my right to my own opinion, as he, and now you two have, yet you digress into name-calling.

Got better things to do, and can't play with you anymore. Bye!

twa747100

Wed Nov 03, 1999 9:28 am

Markdc10
give me your email address...........   !! i wana email you my little thoguhts id tell you hear but Johan hates it when i curse
matt

RE: TWA747

Wed Nov 03, 1999 11:05 am

I doubt you'd be able to spell anything. Maybe you better stick with school sonny boy.

dannyboy

Thu Nov 04, 1999 4:02 am

Hey chief, I am A PILOT. Not just a weekend warrior either.

Thu Nov 04, 1999 4:45 am

Then learn some manners you FOOL!

Thu Nov 04, 1999 7:31 am

Hmmmmmmm!!
My oh my!
I go away for a few months and what do I see when I come back?
This  

OK
First good topic lots of debut, but bad fighting on the grounds
Markdc10 You are going to flip out back down. You didn't have to jump down twa's throat, now do you? "Then learn some manners you FOOL!" do not juge till ye's been judges!
Stevel are you a pilot?
I mean honestly (Markdc10) the new people that come in here(dont get me wrong I love it that new people are coming in here all the time the more the merrier) Act like they own the joint. I would like to go on more and more but it would be to off topic so can Markdc10 and SEA NW DC10 and OPNLguy give me there email addresses and well try to resolve this  
bosman

RE: Bosman...Get A Grip!

Thu Nov 04, 1999 12:03 pm

Hey Bosman!
Who died and made you the house mother? Since you were so grand to stick your nose into something that was none of your business, I'll stick mine in. Maybe if you paid a little more attention to what was wrote, instead of trying to come across as this great protector, you might understand what is going on. And by the way dude??? Learn to spell. You might be taken more serious. Guess that post must have hit close to your home to.

OPNLguy

RE: Bosman...Get A Grip!

Thu Nov 04, 1999 1:14 pm

MattCO wrote:
-------------------------------
>>>Maybe if you paid a little more attention to what was wrote,

Wrote? How about "written"

>>>And by the way dude??? Learn to spell. You might be taken more serious. Guess that post must have hit close to your home to.

Good advice. Try it. SeriousLY...  

Hey folks, does this system have a sysop or moderator who can restore some order here?

AA777-200

Get A Life People!

Fri Nov 05, 1999 1:01 am

administrator

Fri Nov 05, 1999 1:13 am

I'm archiving this thread. I belive it should have been done earlier as it contains nothing of value. I advice the new users of this discussion forum to re-read the rules.

Johan Lundgren
Editor Airliners.net
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)