flyf15
Topic Author

Pima Air Museum

Sat Dec 19, 1998 1:22 pm

How many of you have been to Pima Air Museum in Tuscon, AZ? If you have been there, what did you think about it?

I will be going there in about 10 days. I have been there about 5 times before.

Scott

RE: Pima Air Museum

Sat Dec 19, 1998 1:36 pm

I been there and it was AMAZING!! WHAT CAN'T I SAY ABOUT IT?! I think it was perfect.I ran around the whole place 'till I got sunburned! Alomst everything there is some one-of-a-kind or record holder.I loved it!

flyf15
Topic Author

Sat Dec 19, 1998 1:40 pm

Yea, I loved it too. I loved sitting under that B-52 wing that had been the mothership for the X-15.

Scott

Sat Dec 19, 1998 3:18 pm

YES,and the only XF-107,along with the Viscount and SR-71!It's also neat how they have the Skycrane situated over the sidewalk on the way inside!And Kennedy's DC-4! Have fun on your next trip!

kiwi

Sun Dec 20, 1998 8:45 am

I was there about 5 years ago. I liked variety of aircraft. I was impressed with the restoration efforts. I had trouble finding the place.....we first ended up @ the Evergreen refurbishing facility(which looked neat I might add!). I also tried to buy a piece of scrap aircraft metal for a souvenir @ one of the many recycling facilities bordering the adjacent civil aircraft graveyard. I was "kindly" informed that they deal only in wholesale. I left disgusted, yet awed @ the many aircraft awaiting the scrapper's torch. However I am aware of the many "pirated" aircraft parts on the market and the scrap dealers can't be too careful.

Mon Dec 21, 1998 4:33 am

I shot through eight rolls of film there!!!! and I am talking the 36 exposure rolls not the twenty four. Now if we could get the folks a D-M to get into gear and reinstated the old graveyard tour then there would be a great combo. When I was also down there you might want to find out if Evergreen still gives tours of Pimal Air Park still. It is a little bit north of Tucsan and when I was down there about two-three years ago they still had all of the classic aircraft that where going to the musem that Evergreen is building to house the Spruce Goose in Oregon.