The777Man
Topic Author

PTVs On LH 744 And 343?

Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:59 am

I was wondering if any of LH's 744s or 343s has PTVs in any class of service. Thanks! The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

Sabena332

RE: PTVs On LH 744 And 343?

Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:04 am

LH`s 744s and 343s have PTV`s in First and in Business Class. LH does not offer PTV`s in Economy Class.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

The777Man
Topic Author

Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:59 pm

Thanks, Patrick for your reply! The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

vermeer

Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:44 am

all true,

although I would love to believe that for their service revam next year they will finally start offering what now is conisdered "average" on other airlines in Y class, most specifically PVT's and night kits. If we want to dream, let's imagine them offering some more legroom ( although I am sure they will NOT change the seats - they have been introduced only three years ago).

It is interesting for me to notice how on certain aspects LH is an "innovator" for whatever concerns avionics and cockpit and is a "slow adaprer" for inflight services

Udo

Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:59 am

Regarding inflight service, LH has been and seems to remain a slow player...I'm wondering about their new A346...putting that plane into service without PTVs in Economy would be just poor...in Germany we would call that 'Armutszeugnis'. But hope is still alive...

Regards
Udo
Me & You & a Plane Named Blue...

Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:55 am

Mhh, but I guess they'll have PTV as from now on on the A330s, right ?
Anyone can confirm that ??

vermeer

Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:45 am

I was talking a couple of months ago with one of the senior managers in charge of revamping the services and bothering her with ALL my requests and wishes  Wink/being sarcastic
still she was stiffer than a dead coprse in telling me what they would implement...
it seems that with the delayed entry into service of their 340-600 they postponed the "refresh" of services...god knows ( and I know) if they need it, not only in their economy but especially the business.

Incredibily, their C class is almost always full, no matter where you go - meaning that for a lot of passengers things are doing ok in biz. I remember one Lh survey of frequent traveller ans it pointed out that their pax did not " need" full flat beds. But this was three years ago and thigs have changed since then...

johnnybgoode

Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:08 am

Lufthansa is going to introduce a revamped intercontinental product with the arrival of its A340-600s, which should coincide with the introduction of the winter schedule 2003.
they will be delivered later than actually planned since after 9-11, LH reconsidered this product revamp but went for it after all, so there was a slight delay, and that´s what is causing the late deliveries.
however, i don´t know if this product upgrade includes PTV in economy, but i for sure hope so.

it´s going to be interesting what LH´s decision is concerning reconfiguring some of its A340 into Business and Eco only.

cheers
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos