MD 11
Topic Author

Passenger-capacities Of Planes?

Wed Nov 03, 1999 10:47 pm

Hi,
I am searching for the different passenger-capacities of the Boeing, MD, and Airbus-planes.
OK, each of the manufacturers have some technical data on their sites, but it is difficult to compare the informations, especially concerning the passenger-capacities, because sometimes its a 3-class-configuration, sometimes with no information wether it is a two-class, all choach and so on!
Do you know a site were these information is provided in a better way, so that I can compare the different passenger-capcities?.
Thanks for your help (if there is any)
MD 11

pilot21

RE: Passenger-capacities Of Planes?

Thu Nov 04, 1999 1:25 am

While i don't know a website that lists the various capacities of different aircraft, it sounds like you have most of the data you already need. If you are just looking for the max amount of people that each aircraft can handle then go for the one class layout. This will tell you how many pax. an aircraft is certified to carry. Remember it is the FAA, JAA etc.. that set this number, not the airlines or the aircraft manufacturers. Both of the latter parties would like to squeeze as many people in as possible but during certification, the FAA etc. sets down the time that everybody should be able to exit the aircraft in. Then a live test is done with people and the amount that exit within that time is the amount certified for the plane to carry. This no. is then given as the max single class layout. Of course with first/business class layouts the no. of seats is reduced which then decreases that amount overal. Hope this helps a bit.
Aircraft I've flown: A300/A310/A320/A321/A330/A340/B727/B732/B733/B734/B735/B738/B741/B742/B744/DC10/MD80/IL62/Bae146/AR

MD 11
Topic Author

Thanks, But What About The Older Types?

Thu Nov 04, 1999 11:16 pm

Sure it helps, thanks.
I just discovered on the Airbus-Site very good informations, with one, and two/three-class-seating (it was a bit difficult to find),
BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE EXACT DATA FOR THE OLDER PLANE TYPES?, like 707,727,737-100, DC8, DC9-10,
MD 87,...? Or even the L-1011?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos