Thanksgiving Flight Diverted To LAX

Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

On Thanksgiving day, the AA 737-800 plane that I was flying on from ORD-SNA was diverted to LAX after the flaps got stuck in the second position. I commend the pilots for using the longer runway at LAX instead of the short strip at SNA. We landed safely; a little hard, but everyone was okay.

The pilots were speaking to the mechanics for a long time before the decision was made to ground the plane. We were all bussed down to SNA instead of flying down. Later, though, the plane was fixed and was sent to SNA for the trip back to ORD. By that time, I was eating my dinner. At least the pilots got me where I needed to go safely instead of putting me and others in the hospital.

RE: Thanksgiving Flight Diverted To LAX

Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:39 am

The pilots actually called this an emergency landing. We were not instructed to get into the crash position, though. Anyone else have an emergency landing before? This is the first one I have ever had out of 178 flights.

RE: Thanksgiving Flight Diverted To LAX

Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:32 am

I was on a flight from PHX to Cabo San Lucas that had to do an emergency landing back to Phoenix due to a mx issue. It took the techs about 2 hours to fix and we were on our way to Cabo.