DB777

Petition To Re-open FLL Aircraft View Park

Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:54 pm

The other petition site was malfunctioning but this one works fine. Please help a lot of worldwide spotters and photographers out by going to this site and signing the petition. Please spread the word to other aviation groups, photog groups, spotters groups, slide groups, print groups, crooked horizon groups, Crooked Eye Joey Fan Clubs, etc. etc.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?openpark

Thanks everyone.

Don
Photographing aircraft since the Earth was flat and on Airliners.net since #338

Sabena 690

RE: Petition To Re-open FLL Aircraft View Park

Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:21 pm

sllevin

Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:21 am

I found that the URL gavce an error, BUT, if you go to the "view petition" and then click on "sign petition" you're good to go!

Steve

IwantaBBJ

Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:45 am

Signed...

...hope it helps even though I'm not an american citizen!

Greetings

Mike

sllevin

Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:05 am

Mike -- it certainly doesn't hurt...especially if you mention that it's one of the reasons you come to South Florida. Tourist related taxes, and keeping that flow high, is a key issue here.

And if you LIVE in the MIA/FLL/PBI area, PLEASE sign the petition!

Steve

USAFHummer

Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:38 am

I signed as well...hope this works...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

United_fan

Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:07 am

I have very fond memories of spotting there in June '01 and April '02. I was going to go down there to spend $$$$ next month,but I don't know now. I'm sure Broward Cty doesn't want my hotel/rental car tax $$$$$$$. Just burns my A$$$$$  Sad
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

BR715-A1-30

Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:24 am

Even though, I have never been to FLL, I do plan to go there in the future, and I do know some guys who go frequently, so I signed it.
Puhdiddle

danlauz

Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:36 am

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for your e-mail in which you explained your concern about the closing of the viewing area at the Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. As a fellow aviation enthusiast, I too share your concern, but there are very real threats to the aviation industry and we have no alternative but to close the viewing area for security reasons.

It is our hope to reopen the viewing area at some point in the future, when the many threats that we currently face as a nation have been eliminated. Until that time, we ask for your patience, understanding and confidence in knowing that this was not a rash decision, but rather a thoughtful decision that was made after discussion with the many law enforcement agencies that serve a major role in the safe operation of the airport.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions. Please contact Mr. William Sherry, Aviation Director, at 954-359-1032, if you have any additional questions or comments.

Best regards,

Diana Wasserman-Rubin
Mayor, Broward County

DWR/pw

>>> "danlauz" 12/05/02 09:32PM >>>

Dear MRS,

that letter is to let you know that, we are sad to hear that the viewing area of FLL airport is no longer open.

I am 38 and, every christmas time since I am young we go me, my girlfriend, my parents, every day (almost) to spot and listen to FLL departures and arrivals on the viewing area.

We loved to fly toFLL because of it and it was a pleasure to others like us with the same feeling. (...)

I understand your decision but, could you please do all of us a pleasure, we will be all our family in the FLL area for the christmas time and, we would like the viewing area to be reopen to all of us.

it would be a good christmas gift...

daniel

montreal