flyingbronco05

ATA Launches New Service From SFO

Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:51 am

ATA Launches New Service and More Flight Frequencies From San Francisco

"INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 12, 2002--ATA (American Trans Air, Inc.,)(Nasdaq:ATAH - News) will add three new destinations and more frequencies to its flight schedule from San Francisco. The carrier today announced plans to offer nonstop service from San Francisco to Cancun, Indianapolis and St. Petersburg/Tampa. Service to Cancun will begin on 4/12/03 on Wednesdays and Saturdays only; service to Indianapolis will begin on 4/6/03 daily except Saturdays; and service to St. Petersburg/Tampa will begin on 2/6/02 (daily except Wednesday). ATA's new Boeing 737-800 and 757-300 aircraft will provide the services. Customers can book reservations today."

More at: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021212/122388_1.html
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

tzsfo

RE: ATA Launches New Service From SFO

Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:11 am

Here are some interesting sidenotes -
- TZ will offer roundtrip service from OGG/HNL to PIE, it will be one stop in either LAX or SFO. Here in SFO the AM HNL departure will come from PIE and continue on. The evening PIE departure will come back in from OGG. LAX schedule will be the opposite cities.

- The 738 will operate the SFO - IND trip
- The 753 will operate the PIE and CUN trips

It takes nerves of steel to stay neurotic. — Herb Kelleher

jjbiv

RE: ATA Launches New Service From SFO

Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:25 am

Gosh, you people are quick!

As I've said before, I sure hope someone knows what we're doing... The 753 is a lot of capacity to dump into primarily low-yield leisure markets. Of course, it brings with it the lowest single-aisle CASM around. That said, it's always heartening to see the airline grow -- especially during these tremulous times.

I wish there was room in Indy to construct a true hub that could support (or vice-versa) C8 feed service. It's my feeling that relying solely on MDW for connx traffic is going to prove a poor choice as the airport only will be getting busier...throw in winter Wx and get ready for a winter saga a la NW in DTW.

Congrats to those of you in stations that will be seeing increased flying as a result of this announcement. Long live TZ.

joe