TechRep
Topic Author

Great Plains Gets $60 Million Dollar Loan

Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:37 pm

In an unprecedented move the OTA (Oklahoma Transport Authority) has issued Great Plains Airlines $60 Million in loans to pay off debt and to finance new aircraft.

This coming week 4 additional 328JETs will arrive, 2 new from Germany and 2 used from FD's FAR 135 operation in Virginia. There is new talk about financing 8 CRJ-700's to connect East-West Coast to Tulsa.

TechRep

RJNUT

RE: Great Plains Gets $60 Million Dollar Loan

Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:57 pm

That is the coolest news! You could do some damage with crj700-s .
I think that these larger RJ's will begin to emerge once all these majors and their bankruptcies and scope clauses all sort out a bit. I think GP just crossed a major hurdle and can now truly focus on their future plans.

Tech Rep- I have been on the 'distribution side' of airlines and currently am on the selling side of the equation..Tell your people they need to stay in the GDS systems, i.e Worldspan , Sabre, etc. and also sign up for E ticketing capabilities, and develop more code share's, ex: if you go TUL-DCA, try to get US express to use your code on their flights out of there, much like Midwest Express does from MKE-LAX and MKE-DFW; slaps their code on dozens of Am Eagle flights.

You could even go OKC-MCI or OKC-MKE and code share with YX outta there.
Just thoughts! in other words, get outside the box and broaden your scope!