TechRep
Topic Author

Great Plains Gets $60 Million Dollar Loan

Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:37 pm

In an unprecedented move the OTA (Oklahoma Transport Authority) has issued Great Plains Airlines $60 Million in loans to pay off debt and to finance new aircraft.

This coming week 4 additional 328JETs will arrive, 2 new from Germany and 2 used from FD's FAR 135 operation in Virginia. There is new talk about financing 8 CRJ-700's to connect East-West Coast to Tulsa.

TechRep

RJNUT

RE: Great Plains Gets $60 Million Dollar Loan

Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:57 pm

That is the coolest news! You could do some damage with crj700-s .
I think that these larger RJ's will begin to emerge once all these majors and their bankruptcies and scope clauses all sort out a bit. I think GP just crossed a major hurdle and can now truly focus on their future plans.

Tech Rep- I have been on the 'distribution side' of airlines and currently am on the selling side of the equation..Tell your people they need to stay in the GDS systems, i.e Worldspan , Sabre, etc. and also sign up for E ticketing capabilities, and develop more code share's, ex: if you go TUL-DCA, try to get US express to use your code on their flights out of there, much like Midwest Express does from MKE-LAX and MKE-DFW; slaps their code on dozens of Am Eagle flights.

You could even go OKC-MCI or OKC-MKE and code share with YX outta there.
Just thoughts! in other words, get outside the box and broaden your scope!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos