AC340
Topic Author

YYZ T1. When Is It Closing?

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:16 pm

I have been stressing out trying to find out the scheduled date when Terminal One at YYZ will be closing but my efforts have failed to yield any result. So I was wondering, does anyone know what the date is that will see T1 close its doors for good?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

AC340

slawko

RE: YYZ T1. When Is It Closing?

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:20 pm

I dont think there is an official date, at least not a public one...Im thinking around October 03 when T1 new opens ups...
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

RP TPA

Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:19 pm

I believe that when T-new opens in Oct 03, T1 will be closed and prepared for demolition. T-new will be used for domestic and international ops. It gets a bit involved, by the way, as the intl checkin will be at T-new, but the planes will be at the infield hold terminal located midfield not far from cargo. Passangers will get there via a bus operation. Also, most, but not all of the domestic gates will be ready. T2 will still have some domestic gates being used. Any pax using those gates will still checkin at T-new, but get bussed to T2. While all this is being done, T1 will be demolished and the apron and next T-new finger (international) will be built. Then the rest of T2 domestic gates will be removed. It'll all take around 8 years to complete, I believe.

Confused??.....well, I dont blame you. So am I  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

hmmmm...

Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:33 am

Just follow this link. This is the GTAA site that has photos, drawings, schedules, details, and even a virtual tour of the new terminal, which I've taken, and it looks pretty sweet inside. According to this site it looks like late 2004 before T1 is actually gone.

Airport development
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

dripstick

Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:50 am

Thanks for the link Hmmmm...

Dripstick
What's another word for thesaurus?

captaingomes

Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:16 am

MMMMM, looks great! We'll sure miss the T1 rooftop vantage point though.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos