flyboy80

Northwest (PLAIN PLANES)

Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:36 am

Yes, I know this topic has been discussed many times but I would really like to hear from someone who flys Northwest Internationaly on a regular basis and their opinion about it. I look through photos and so on of the 744s that they fly and these aircraft seems to be very very plain in side, I even noticed in a particular photo that they even have some seats in coach which appeared to be well some shade of White! No Ptvs or anything like that was seen ethier, what do they serve on say a flight from North America to NRT or KIX, and then what about a flight from NRT to MNL? Northwest just simply continues to puzzle me, I just dont understand it. Maybe by cutting some things they are able to sell their their tickets for less money, ??? Well someone please help me. Remember, I like pics as well so if you have any of their cabins, galleys, or any other interesting ones, put em in here or e mail them to me please! thanks!!

PolAir

RE: Northwest (PLAIN PLANES)

Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:53 am

"Maybe by cutting some things they are able to sell their their tickets for less money, ??? "

Daaaa

BH346

Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:26 am

I flew on Northwest's 747-400s twice this summer on DTW-KIX and KIX-DTW. If you're talking about pictures like this:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Greg Burchil

Then I'm sure that they have refurbished the cabins since that's not what the planes I flew on looked like. The cabin looked normal in the typical blue seats. Nothing really wrong. There is no PTVs or adjustable headrests on the seats. As for meals, there are pics that someone else took on airlinemeals.net that was the exact same stuff we got at http://www.m4rco.net/airlinemeals/meals/Northwest.html The meals I had were 014, 010, and 009. I remembered 015 was offered on my flight but I didn't take it. To be honest the food was pretty bad even for airline food. However, I've had good meals on Northwest before.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Corbin

Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:36 am

This might be off topic, but I just have a quick question: I am flying on a Northwest A319 tomorrow. Does NW still serve meals on domestic flights? If yes, does it depend on the flight duration? Also, do the NW A319 have TV Screen's?

Thanks!

Corbin
In life you are either a passenger or a pilot. The choice is yours!

HlywdCatft

Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:20 am

no TV screens, meals only for First class

trickijedi

Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:35 am

Granted, they were a while back, but I have flown the ORD-NRT-MNL before many times. From what I remember, overall service was pretty much middle-of-the-road and pretty comparable to other American-based airlines. Flights to NRT are very popular and NW makes good profit on it because people keep flying NW.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Iflewrepublic

Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:07 pm

The picture up above is old school interior...early 1990's. They've all been refurbished with the wavy blue interior found on every other aircraft that we have. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Iflewrepublic.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos