sptv

No More Milk On AA

Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:03 am

Flew on AA's first flight of the season from LAX-EGE (Vail) nonstop. Flight was very smooth and quick, but I was very surprised to find out that AA has stopped offering milk on their beverage service. All part of cost-cutting, I guess. But Milk??? How much could that possibly save them?

steve

skyhawk

RE: No More Milk On AA

Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:52 am

It was probably there, just not part of one of their regular selections. Two reasons I say this, the first of course is children, and the second is for coffee. Before anybody says the artificial creamers will suffice for one cup, artificial creamers contain corn syrup. Until I had a passenger tell me that she was allergic to corn and could not use the artificial product, I didn't know either.

FLY777UAL

Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:18 am

United Shuttle also cut milk a while ago for cost purposes, as well as for other onboard reasons (while still making it available for coffee). It really does make sense to cut milk for (mainly lunch and dinner flights) galley packing purposes. By cutting milk, they can enhance their offering of other, more requested beverages.

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

meechy36

Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:20 pm

You are right, milk has been cut in main cabin on all non transcon, non IFS flights that depart from 10A on. Half and Half has also been removed from first class on all flights, non dairy creamer is the substitute.

Mike-BOS

boeing 747-311

Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:53 pm

Anyone know why? does that save that much money? or is there a different reason why they are doing it?
Come fly with US

Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:08 pm

What kind of plane did you fly on to eagle?

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:03 am

This shrewd move is clearly designed to stimulate traffic from the largely untapped "lactose-intolerant" market.  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Big777jet

Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:08 am

TNNH-

LAX-EGE is on American's Boeing 757.

Big777jet

Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:11 am

This shrewd move is clearly designed to stimulate traffic from the largely untapped "lactose-intolerant" market.

Undoubtedly it's a predatory move on AirTran, Southwest, jetBlue, Pan Am, and Southeast.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos