HlywdCatft
Topic Author

3 Go Arounds This Morning SDF

Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:12 am

I was looking at the Passur website, you know the site that shows the air traffic control images of planes landing and taking off. I was looking at SDF (Louisville)for this morning at 12a-12:30a to see the UPS movements and I saw three go arounds within about 15minutes. I didn't realize how busy it got there.

First is a DC-8 from MKE that does a quick circle over the river, then less than 5 minutes later a UPS 757 from OMA does a goaround. Wait another 5-10 minutes and you will see a Southwest 737 do a go around.

JvW

RE: 3 Go Arounds This Morning SDF

Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:43 pm

I came in this morning about 1210am or so, into Louisville Bowman which is located about 4 miles away from SDF. It was very turbulent below 2500 feet and windshear was reported in the area, no idea if that had something to do with it. I heard the Southwest aircraft on approach, but did not realize the many go-arounds. It gets extremely busy around that time with all the UPS aircraft coming in, 17L/R for last night.

JvW

HlywdCatft
Topic Author

RE: 3 Go Arounds This Morning SDF

Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:46 am

Looking at that radar, the planes looked very close coming in, I think that is the reason for the go arounds. One plane would appear to be on approach around Churchill Downs while the next aircraft behind it would be crossing the river.

BTW, I think I saw your plane land on the radar. I do recall an aircraft landing at LOU which I think is Bowman right? I can't recall what type of plane it was, but I recall a plane come up from the south and land. You can look back on the radar at that sight and watch yourself land. Have you ever been to passur.com?