dinker225

Air Wisconsin Employment?

Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:13 am

I am interested in getting a job this summer at my local airport. The only airline that flies in during the summer is United Express. My question is this, do Air Wisconsin employees get travel privilages on regular United routes? I have been trying to get to the Air Wisconsin website (www.airwis.com) but so far I have had no luck. Anybody know if that website is still up and running or even if they have a website? Thanks in advance for your help.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

OH-LGA

RE: Air Wisconsin Employment?

Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:47 pm

Yes. After a set period of time (I believe it is three months) you will receive unlimited WYO (Write-Your-Own pleasure travel tickets) benefits on United worldwide. There are service charges in effect, if and when you are hired by AWAC, you will be able to access the information to calculate the service charges (and it's not as easy as you think). Travel on United Express carriers (AWAC, ACA, and SkyWest) is free, but service charges on United mainline.

Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

SegmentKing

Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:05 pm

depends on the collective bargaining agreement, as all of AWAC is unionized...

ask the manager during the interview..

also, the hiring process starts after you submit your resume/application.. it is reviewed and your references are checked, then you are called in for an interview and drug test... once the DOT whiz quiz comes back, you are employed, but on probation for 6 months I believe....

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

dinker225

Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:33 pm

Thanks for the responses. Does anybody here work for AWAC? Anybody know what a Customer Service Representative could expect to earn? Does anybody have a general idea of what the service charges would be for a round trip on United?

Thanks again.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

travatl

Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:24 am

Got to http://www.airwisc.com not www.airwis.com....that should
have the info for you.

Travis

J32driver

Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:39 am

I work for Air Willy and love the comany. Its a good place to be. A round trip ticket on mainline UAL is still very cheap even paying the mileage surcharge. Your probably talking $10-$30 one way anywhere in the continental US. Charges go up a little bit when you get outside of the country, but its still very reasonable.

Which station would you be working at?

Airwis.com seems to work for me right at the moment. Just try again. Don't overlook just picking up the phone and giving them a call. Everyone is very friendly in the corporate offices. Best of luck to you. If you get hired, I think you'll enjoy the job... well, at least working on the ramp. Most people seem to have a pretty good time with it. I'd probably try and avoid the position of "Gate Agent" though.

I'm happy to try and answer any general questions you may have. Just fire away.