GOTbound
Topic Author

SK's Upgrade Procedure?

Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:23 am

When my parents and sister went home from visiting me over Christmas and new year they were upgraded to Economy Extra ( or whatever the SK Premium economy are called ), on the SK NRT-CPN flight the 9th of January, the reason regarding to SK staff was that there were the first one to check in at NRT for the flight, they had a 6h wait after the Qantas flight from Sydney. None of them are member of SK or any other STAR FF program, but Qantas FF members ( Bronze ), and yes you do receive Qantas FF point on SK flights from Scandinavia to Asia. Since economy were fully booked there must been some one with a more senior SK or STAR FF membership in economy, is that common that SK or other airlines " rewards " none company or alliance FF passengers just because they were the first to check in at the airport when upgrades are done ?

rgs.GOTbound

JeDa

RE: SK's Upgrade Procedure?

Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:17 pm

The SAS "Economy Extra" class is only a minor difference from the "standard" Economy class. The only difference is that the seats are a little bit bigger in Economy Extra, the service (or lack of service... ) is still the same. I would say that the comfort in Economy Extra in SAS A340 is the same, or even less, as for example an old THAI B747-300.
Sometimes SAS upgrade people with "big bodies" to Economy Extra, otherwise they would be too cramped on a longhaul flight.
Normally they upgrade the last passengers to check-in as they then becomes aware that the Economy is getting more than full.

GOTbound!
Best way to go between SYD and CPH (I think you mean Copenhagen -CPH- as SAS don´t fly NRT-CPN) is with THAI AIRWAYS!

Best regards
JeDa

CPH-R

Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:09 pm

I thought that Singapore Airlines had a superior overall product? And as far as I know, they're also doing SYD-SIN-CPH.

Marara

Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:18 pm

Seems SK likes to upgrade ppl connecting to QF services.

Happened to us, and have heard of alot of ppl connecting to QF being upgraded w/ SAS.

Happens a bit with other airlines as well. I know that if you were booked on a QF ticket on an EVA service you had a better chance of being upgraded.
I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. Jerome K Jerome

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos