Boeing Nut

Other AA Aircraft At STL....

Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:25 pm

I know the question of whether AA would ever bring 777's into AA has been brought up before.

My question is, what are the odds of other AA aircraft coming into STL on a regular basis? I.E. the 737NG's and F-100's (again).
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

CannedSpam

RE: Other AA Aircraft At STL....

Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:15 pm

You won't see a 777 ever at STL. Additionally, you will not see any 737 or F-100 at STL in the near future (especially true of the F-100).

If AA introduced those aircraft types, they would have to spend additional money for parts and training just to support these aircraft. In today's cash crisis, there are better things to do with that money. Also, with the F-100 retirement a little ahead of schedule, you won't see them in any new cities, but rather them disappearing from existing cities.

The only routes that AA would potentially fly the 737 out of STL would be on an overwater route as all AA 737 are capable of fulfilling that mission. However, since narrow-body overwater routes out of STL are currently flown with AA 757 rather than former TWA 757, it makes no sense in add in a 737 onto a route unless for routing purposes.

Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:28 pm

CannedSpam,
you cannot say that you will never see it here(772). There is a small possibility that they might put it on -MIA, -DFW just because the aircraft would be sitting idle. And who knows, when the economy gets better maybe LGW will go to a 772, you just never know.
Thx,
TWA4EVER

CannedSpam

Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:53 pm

There is no need to put a 772 on MIA-STL at all, so even if a 772 sat idle for a long period of time, it would still make better sense to fly a cheaper piece of equipment. Therefore, you will not be seeing a 772 into STL from MIA, nor any destination for that matter. Plus, there are far better 763 to replace with a 772 out there than on a STL-LGW trip... It would really have to start doing well to see that happen. And then we are back to the whole aircraft support argument where the 772 would be a new piece of equipment and would drive additional support costs.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos