I have some questions about Hawaiian Air, an airline I flew on several times from 1985 forward:
1) I know theat they rec'd L1011's from ANA in 1985. How many did they get and how old were they when purchased.
2) did they augment their fleet with more from the used market?
3) I have an old "wooster" model of an L1011-500 in a Hawaiian Air livery; from what I know they never operated the 500 variant; or did they??
Hawaiian operated the DC-9-51 until the inception of the fabulous 717-200.
1) were they purchased new or used?
2) how many did they have?
3) were any operated as "combi"?
4) when I lived in California, as I said, I recall seeing a a PSA MD-80 with PSA and Hawaiian titles and then later seeing it again on the big Island. I beleive there were some short term leases between the two; am I correct.
In the 90's Hawaiian and American had some sort of agreement (including the demise of the L1011's:
1) were the L1011's scrapped or sold?
2) what was the agreement about; I know it included some a transfer of DC-10's (including the oldest one flying at the time)
3) is this agreement still in effect? and does this involve 767-300's that Hawaiian operates now?