JBLUA320
Topic Author

Your LanChile Experiences?

Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:18 pm

Hey-

I will probably be flying LanChile from New York- Santiago- Easter Island in a few months and was curious to know how their service and stuff was.

I have heard great things, and EPinions has good reviews, but I would like recent reviews if possible.

Thanks! (BTW- All 763 flights)

JBLU

MIAspotter

RE: Your LanChile Experiences?

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:10 pm

I flew LanChile back in 1999 CCS-MIA-CCS-MIA on their 763s and I have to say those where the best flights I ever had! the cabin is roomy the service is good and the crew is really freindly!  Big thumbs up

I bet you will love it!

Post a TR soon!

Cheers

MIAspotter  Nuts
Nos vamos de Vueling?

MD 11

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:54 pm

Hi,
I flew them in 1999, too: Buenos Aires to Santiago: And it was great: Friendly personell and good service. In economy, you`ll find no better way to fly in South America!

Have a nice trip,

MD11

teva

Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:30 pm

I flew with LanChile in 90, on a 707, from Tahiti to Easter Island and Santiago, and return .
Even if aircraft was old, and IFE limited, I have notice the good level of maintenance. In addition, food was ok, and staff was very friendly.I broke my leg 2 days before my departure, and didn't inform them. They took care of me during the flight, making sure I would have enough space. They allowed me to stay on board during the IPC transit, and arranged wheelchair for me at SCL.

I flew Lan again in 95, on domestic routes. once again, it was old plane (the classic 737-200), very clean and well maintained. My first flt was Calama-Antofagasta-Santiago.
I was in Economy. First leg is around 25 minutes long. And I have been very surprised to get a drink service (any type of drinks, including alcohol) . Then, after the short stop at Antofagasta we had a new drink service, followed by the hot meal. And for the hot meal, choice between meat and fish !!! All this in Economy, on a DOMESTIC flight ....

I you add to this very good service the very young and modern fleet of Airbus, I am pretty sure you will enjoy your flight.

Terva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

JBLUA320
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:34 am

thanks  Smile

Its 763s all four flights.. Im not keen on 14 some odd hours on a 767, then another 5 or so (x2), but hey- thats life.

Lan only has PTVs in Coach on the 340s right?

JBLU

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos