JBLUA320
Topic Author

Your LanChile Experiences?

Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:18 pm

Hey-

I will probably be flying LanChile from New York- Santiago- Easter Island in a few months and was curious to know how their service and stuff was.

I have heard great things, and EPinions has good reviews, but I would like recent reviews if possible.

Thanks! (BTW- All 763 flights)

JBLU

MIAspotter

RE: Your LanChile Experiences?

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:10 pm

I flew LanChile back in 1999 CCS-MIA-CCS-MIA on their 763s and I have to say those where the best flights I ever had! the cabin is roomy the service is good and the crew is really freindly!  Big thumbs up

I bet you will love it!

Post a TR soon!

Cheers

MIAspotter  Nuts
Nos vamos de Vueling?

MD 11

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:54 pm

Hi,
I flew them in 1999, too: Buenos Aires to Santiago: And it was great: Friendly personell and good service. In economy, you`ll find no better way to fly in South America!

Have a nice trip,

MD11

teva

Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:30 pm

I flew with LanChile in 90, on a 707, from Tahiti to Easter Island and Santiago, and return .
Even if aircraft was old, and IFE limited, I have notice the good level of maintenance. In addition, food was ok, and staff was very friendly.I broke my leg 2 days before my departure, and didn't inform them. They took care of me during the flight, making sure I would have enough space. They allowed me to stay on board during the IPC transit, and arranged wheelchair for me at SCL.

I flew Lan again in 95, on domestic routes. once again, it was old plane (the classic 737-200), very clean and well maintained. My first flt was Calama-Antofagasta-Santiago.
I was in Economy. First leg is around 25 minutes long. And I have been very surprised to get a drink service (any type of drinks, including alcohol) . Then, after the short stop at Antofagasta we had a new drink service, followed by the hot meal. And for the hot meal, choice between meat and fish !!! All this in Economy, on a DOMESTIC flight ....

I you add to this very good service the very young and modern fleet of Airbus, I am pretty sure you will enjoy your flight.

Terva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

JBLUA320
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:34 am

thanks  Smile

Its 763s all four flights.. Im not keen on 14 some odd hours on a 767, then another 5 or so (x2), but hey- thats life.

Lan only has PTVs in Coach on the 340s right?

JBLU