727LOVER
Topic Author

Spotting At ATL

Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:50 am

I'll be ther all weekend, from Fri thru Sunday. Can someone tell me where to spot besides the parking decks? Ryan, Brian, Gr8slvt? Anyone???
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

DL WIDGET HEAD

RE: Spotting At ATL

Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:17 pm

One of the best spots is on the North side of the field at the Mercury Air Center (charters, lears). Another good spot is from the Chili's too high atop concourse A. Have fun but be prepared for some cold weather...forecast low on Thursday night is 6 degrees and not much warmer through the weekend. Yikes!!

brian_ga

Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:01 pm

Hi 727 !
The parking decks are good but the north side cargo road is better. Just have a few spots to park. Friday morning will be 6-8 degrees ! Saturday looks a little bit warmer (low 40's) . Sorry I will not be there.

Brian_ga  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Keep looking up, that's the secret to life....Snoopy

727LOVER
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:04 am

Hmmmm... "SPOTTING AT ATL" gets moved over to civil but "SPOTTING AT TPA" stays in photography! Welcome to a.net logic.

Anyway, thanx for the replies guys, I'll investigate those areas.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

airplanetire

Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:09 am

Beware of the weather. It's really cold in ATL right now! As I speak, it is 18 degrees Fahrenheit and it hasn't been dark but for two hours or so. In fact, school was canceled Fulton county, where I live, and in several other counties today because of ice. The airport won't be a problem with ice because the ice was only in the northern parts of Fulton and other northern counties and the airport is south of the city. Fulton county is north of the city. Anyhow, it was sort of interesting because where I live in the county, everything was perfect. No ice except on one spot on my roof.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos