DTW/ORD Fan!

Northwest's Future...

Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:56 pm

I have seen a lot lately about United's situation, Americans situation, US Airways, etc. I would like to know from the more "in the know" forumers to A.net what you believe is NWA's future outlook? Thanks a lot.

Iflewrepublic

RE: Northwest's Future...

Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:23 pm

Although we are all in dire straits right now, I don't see the worst happening to us. Hopefully, things will turn around in the near future and all of us can get back to business. We recognized early on that we were running into financial difficulties, and we began cutting costs before September 11th. Also, with the fleet of DC-9's and DC-10's that we had, the majority of them were already paid off. Essentially, those flights were revenue flights. I, personally, feel more comfortable with Mr. Anderson at the helm than with Mr. Dasburg.

Anyone else...feel free to chime in.

Iflewrepublic.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

atpcliff

Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:40 pm

Hi!

I heard from 2 NWA employees that the latest rumour is that in Mar UAL is cutting back their schedule. When they do NWA will pick up some Pacific routes that they abandoned and the planes to fly them from UAL. If so, good news for NWA.

Cliff
GRB
TRY. It's all you have control over, and it's what God wants.

mattnrsa

Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:36 pm

The Pacific (North Pacific anyway) is the one area that is not being cut by UA. Europe, South America, New Zealand, and domestic have all seen reductions, but we're actually adding flts to Asia. HNL-KIX starts in a few months, along with SFO-ICN. Quite the opposite of the late 90s, when the Asian economic crisis actually made the region our one area that wasn't making money hand over fist.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos