artsyman

Delta / Song Itinery Mix?

Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:45 am

Hi, As Delta are trying to promote Song as a separate entity, can people book itineries that have some segments on each ?, are they allowed to sell that ? are there any other things like this that arise due to this offshoot?

Jeremy

artsyman

RE: Delta / Song Itinery Mix?

Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:59 am

Another question is, will Delta employees have pass travel on both, or are they considering them separate.

jrlander

Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:04 am

One of the press releases said that Song passengers would be able to connect to other Delta flights.

As far as pass travel goes, Delta employees can travel on both ASA and Comair, which, like Song, are wholly-owned subsidiary companies.

ouboy79

Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:05 am

Their press release clearly states that on Song you will be able to connect to the Delta network including all Skyteam partners and earn miles while doing it.

Not sure about flight benies...imagine it will be the same as every other DL subsidiary like Comair and ASA.

jhooper

Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:51 am

Another question is, will Delta employees have pass travel on both?

Yes
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

caetravlr

Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:18 am

As the original question asks, yes, you will be able to connect from any Delta branded, or Skyteam flight, and get mileage or whatever.

My question is this: When would you really need to connect from Song to mainline Delta? I mean, Song will not be flying to any of Delta's major hubs, right? So, in theory, the only place you would be able to connect to from a Song destination city, would be to a Delta hub, which they probably fly nonstop to from the city you started in. In that regard, I see connecting through from a Song flight to a Delta flight to be a relatively rare thing. I am sure it will happen, just probably not that often.

Any thoughts?
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

deltairlines

Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:22 am

I'm sure it will happen, especially in the North. BOS, LGA, and JFK all have decent sized feeder operations that will surely draw some connecting traffic. For example, if you want to go to MCO from YHZ, BGR, BTV, etc. you get the choice of connecting in CVG (a little out of the way) or BOS (right online).

Jeff

Ezra

Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:45 am

Pax originating in South Fla could transfer to European flights at JFK, especially to destinations served only from JFK and not ATL (SVO, IST, etc . . .)