trey

TCA Now Going To Serve BTR As Well

Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:50 pm

AFter reading the TCA plans to start MSY serivce, it appears it is now going to serve BTR to the carribbean as well (BTR paper www.theadvocate.com). I think this is great being from Louisiana, but there is no way in God's world BTR can support this, and I have my doubts about MSY.

SegmentKing

RE: TCA Now Going To Serve BTR As Well

Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:57 pm

show me their Part 121 operating authority and i'll apologize for calling this airline a fraud.

-nate
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

MSYtristar

Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:34 am

I would assume that the flights would go BTR-MSY a couple of days a week to connect to the Caribbean service. Interesting idea, I know BTR has a decent-sized metro population...this may be more convenient for BTR-area residents than to go through ATL or IAH or MEM, etc. But there is no way that BTR could support a nonstop to SXM or the like...but one stop? Possibly, with a 737 aircraft...not a 747.

Nate, send them an email at www.flytca.com and they can give you more details. I emailed them questioning their plans, and I got a response in a few days.

Steve in New Orleans

ConcordeBoy

Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:58 am

I'm still waiting for my response... and I sent it a day after you sent yours  Sad
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

SegmentKing

Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:01 am

There is a difference between reality and fiction.

In the airline business, don't believe it until it's at your gate and departing with passengers or you get a paycheck w/ their name on it.

I have *NOT* found their application w/ the DOT authorizing Part 121 Scheduled OR Charter Passenger services.

I have also NOT found their applications for permission to service Europe from New Orleans or the Caribbean.

These items above take *MONTHS* to execute....

-nate

ConcordeBoy

Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:06 am

Perhaps the whole thing's an elaborate scam to prompt a major Caribbean/European airline to initiate competing service.... that's my wish anyways  Laugh out loud
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

LHMark

Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:15 am

Hmm..can anyone say "Legacy Airways?"
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Tom in NO

Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:45 am

An in-house comment among high-level operations people was made here at MSY that TCA WILL be beginning the MSY service with a 737 as scheduled. That has been confirmed through our deputy directors.

If anyone believes this is some sort of scam designed to draw someone else in, I could do that myself, and save my employer the tens of thousands of dollars we spend on marketing the airport to various future tenants.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

SegmentKing

Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:10 am

yeah, airports shouldn't spend money on airlines that do NOT have their own certs.

I hear this airline is going to try to wet lease.... ok, that is acceptable, but you still need to sell it somehow, through a vacation company or what not. You just can't decide "oh, i have $2 million I want to blow" and have an airline tomorrow.. there is a required paperwork trail and procedure.

I have *YET* to see their Part 121 operating certificate

-nate

MSYtristar

Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:46 am

JUST because you haven't seen the 121 certificate does not mean it doesn't exist. TCA is a real carrier. Sorry to dissapoint you. Way to go Tom...thanks for the constant updates FROM THE AIRPORT.

Steve in New Orleans

Kohflot

Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:46 am

Well.. following some of the vague links on their website, it appears they're affiliated with this 'Mirage Group', who in turn is affiliated with European Air Charter.. so.. you've got a European charter outfit with spare planes (732s and 742s) that can show up at MSY and BTR to provide service to foreign destinations in a heartbeat. Just don't be surprised if they're painted in the EAL scheme at first......

As for direct service to the Carribean from BTR... maybe during Spring Break if the price is right..

Ask why..

Lear777

Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:48 pm

Following on the previous post...
I know TCA would need a Part 121 if they intended to start services on their own behalf....but in the event of a wet lease which this appears to be, wouldn't they be operating off of EAL's operating certificate? I am not particularly sure how it all works, but there's an idea.

However, they still need to apply with the Department of Transportation to start international services out of the US...has anyone that watches DOT filings seen such an action?

It'll be great for New Orleans if this does come to pass...I know how badly you guys want European service, on a 747 to boot!

Brian
Go Astros!

Tom in NO

Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:06 pm

Lear777: that was my thought, as well. If TCA doesn't have their own Part 121 Certificate, they could wet-lease under somebody elses. I do know for sure that they are wet-leasing their aircraft, so that may indeed be the case.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

srbmod

Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:11 am

TCA is a Dutch Antilles registered airline, so no Part 121 is required, as it is a foreign airline. They however, must comply with FAR Part 129, which governs foreign air carriers and foreign operations of U.S. registered aircraft engaged in common carriage.