World Air's Paint Scheme

Tue Nov 16, 1999 9:04 am

What do you think about World Air's new paint scheme. I first glance I thought it was hideous. Ugly. Awful -lack of- paint. But, I've seen more of those aircraft around the globe, and their scheme began to grow on me. There's something about its simplicity. It's not trying to be something its not. The sweeping white undercoat around the nose is kinda neat. It is refreshing. Now, I don't want to say I'd like a big airline to adopt it, but I think it is nice and distinctive for a small airline.

I know a lot of you are going to think I'm crazy, but this paint scheme has kinda grown on me.

Here is a link to a good picture for those of you not familiar with World Air.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=11185

By the way, I sent a large batch of e-mails out last night for safety cards, et al, as discussed in a previous post (which got moved to the Hobby section). TWA and UAL both sent me responses quickly (24 hours) saying a package is in the mail. No one else responded yet.

Fly US Airways

Cody

RE: World Air's Paint Scheme

Tue Nov 16, 1999 10:48 am

I am thinking you mean World Airways. My guess is that they use the white because they sometimes use other airlines' logos and it is easier to apply them to a white fuselage than to a fuselage that already has a color scheme. World has had some colorful aircraft in the past. They used to be gold and red and after that they had a similar paint scheme to the one they have now except the tail was dark blue and the blue swept down the back part of the fuselage. The tail "globe" logo was in white.