El Al 001
Topic Author

Lufthansa Israel: We Would Sue The Rumors Makers

Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:34 pm

Lufthansa Israel said this morning that in "Contrary to the rumor that was spread in several internet sites Lufthansa continues to operate it's 17 weekly flights with out any changes" (TLV).

I've overheard in the 10:00 news that LH had reported the police its intentions to sue the ones who are responsible for the rumors spread.

Last week some rumors in a several internet sites suggested that Lufthansa would cease its TLV operation starting on February 10th due to the upcoming events in the Middle East. However, these rumors were not true and LH schedule would not be changed.

Michael

racko

RE: Lufthansa Israel: We Would Sue The Rumors Makers

Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:04 pm

Imho that's the best thing they can do, there's someone who tries to ruin their image by spreading these rumours.

And what's up now Artysman, you saw a Lufthansa spokesman on BBC & CNN, yes ?  Big grin But maybe someone has hacked the Israelian Lufthansa homepage and it's all a plot to discredit you...

artsyman

Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:12 am

This is getting boring, as I said before, as a totally pro Israel person, and loves Lufthansa as an airline, I cant get beyond what reason I would have to make it up. Its like a criminal case, there is normally a need for a motive, and I just dont have one. As said before, Numerous people saw these stories, not just I.

Now, Lufthansa have gone on official record with this, this means that the story must have been traveling around a lot of it got to them. This means that plenty of people saw this story. As you aware, I was not the starter of the story on the internet, I merely passed on what I saw.

Clearly Lufthansa disagrees, therefore I must be wrong, therefore whatever I saw and others saw, was totally taken wrongly by me and many others.

So I hereby apologize for getting something wrong, but as far as your accusations of making it up, and trying to stir up the pot, you can stick that somewhere smelly.

SegmentKing

Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:15 am

I happen to know that some high level US based LH folks saw the thread on here and were not impressed... they forwarded it to Germany......

*shrugs*

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

artsyman

Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:49 am

I agree, if it isnt true, then I wouldnt be that impressed with it either. I am curious how so many people saw and new of this happening, mostly people that dont even know of airliners.net this story appeared on various websites and news sites etc, and while I hold my hand up to having shared the information, I certainly was not involved in the creation of the story.

Up until yesterday, www.debka.com was still reporting that story although it now seems to be gone, although most things on that page are only there for a few days

Jeremy

El Al 001
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:37 am

I saw the publish of these rumors at Debka.co.il too, however, it was deleted after a while (anyway, right after the press expressed LH strong reply to the rumors.).

But I also heard the rumors from other people that are in the "business".
Its wired indeed, I'm sure that LH would fly to TLV until the last min' and wouldn't cease operation before the war starts.

If LH had stopped the flights to Israel before the war, it would have suffer of a strong impact when the flights would've been resumed, the Israelis wont fly with an airline that shows such a poor commitment to its pax.

It happened with AF, it would happen again.

Mike

SegmentKing

Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:30 am

from a LH upper mgr in the US

"We will follow the same proceedures we did during Operation Desert Shield and review our operations up to 30 days in advance, and adjust flights accordingly... either No Op the flight, or downgrade equipment, but we will not pull out of a city unless the city is directly involved in a conflict.."

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~