United777
Topic Author

Air China Suspends Kuwait

Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:27 pm

Air China is suspending the Beijing-Karachi-Kuwait route due to the tension in the Middle East with Iraq. Air China will continue with Beijing-Karahi flights but will suspend Karach-Beijing.

I think we will see a lot more suspended flights to the Middle East in the next weeks to come.

Snoopy

RE: Air China Suspends Kuwait

Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:54 pm

"Air China will continue with Beijing-Karahi flights but will suspend Karach-Beijing."

I think you mean they will suspend Karachi-Kuwait, no? I doubt the plane would fly one way empty.....

carnoc

RE: Air China Suspends Kuwait

Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:19 pm

News report by China's national news agency -- Xinhua News Agency.

Air China suspends flight between Karachi, Kuwait

Air China decided to suspend the flight between Karachi and Kuwait Saturday, concerned by the mounting tension in the Gulf region.

Air China now runs only one route in the region with round-trip flight numbers of CA945 and CA946, between Beijing, Karachi in Pakistan and Kuwait.

The Beijing-Karachi route will still be operated, a source from Air China said Saturday evening.

Air China said the suspension was a temporary measure and the entire route will be resumed as soon as the situation becomes stable.

Air China employees in Kuwait are still working, with no plans currently to leave the area.