United777
Topic Author

Asiana Airlines Taipei-Delhi Route?

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:02 am

Justplanes.com is reporting that Asiana Airlines is planning to increase flights from Taipei to Delhi. From what I know of OZ only flies daily DEL-ICN flights with 763 aircraft and is doing very good on the route.

Is this a typing error or is OZ really planning Taipei-Delhi flights?

B747-437B

RE: Asiana Airlines Taipei-Delhi Route?

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:42 am

Its justplanes.com, so take it with a pinch of salt.

I posted here some weeks ago about a planned increase in DEL-ICN services by Asiana due to the new bilateral between India and Korea.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

alexchao

Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:03 am

I don't think Asiana could really fly Taipei-Delhi. I mean, they don't even operate regular scheduled flights to Taipei. Unless Taiwan and Korea work out some agreement, I doubt it will happen.

-alexchao

rupertvander82

Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:38 pm

Are they flying via SIN to DEL when they increase the frequency?

Snoopy

Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:39 pm

"I don't think Asiana could really fly Taipei-Delhi. I mean, they don't even operate regular scheduled flights to Taipei. Unless Taiwan and Korea work out some agreement, I doubt it will happen."

My OAG shows them operating a B734 4x weekly from ICN to TPE as flight OZ3115. Also, there are several flights through TPE to other destinations:
SQ operate SIN to NRT via TPE. TG operates BKK to ICN through TPE. CX also operates a HKG-NRT flight through TPE. So, it wouldn't be all that unusual, particularly as CI only operates TPE-DEL 3x weekly. Maybe they want to co-ordinate their flights to operate a daily flight on that route? That wouldn't be so unusual either.

alexchao

Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:59 pm

Asiana, Korean, and China all fly TPE-ICN, but the flights are chartered flights.

I think CX and TG fly TPE-ICN as scheduled flights only because they don't have any ties with the Korean or Taiwanese governments.

From what I remember, Korea and Taiwan haven't established bilateral air agreements. So TPE-ICN can't be regularly scheduled flights by any Korean or Taiwanese airlines.

-alexchao

The777Man

Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:02 pm

Snoopy is correct; Apollo CRS also shows Asiana operating a 734 TPE-ICN. It will go to a 321 in March.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

dynkrisolo

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:11 pm

No. Alexchao is correct. OZ flights to TPE are not scheduled flights. They are charter flights operating on a regular schedule. These flights are usually prelude to signing an air services agreement with Taiwan.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos