slashd0t

Could This Cause Any Problems On A Flight?

Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:16 am

On my last flight someone's shaving creme bottle exploded over everyone's luggage.. I'm wondering if this sort of thing can be danger in the air... Opinions?
/.

kaitak

RE: Could This Cause Any Problems On A Flight?

Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:30 am

Not unless someone's brought a razor (unlikely now, anyway!)

Seriously, I don't think it would cause any damage and indeed, shouldn't have. Aircraft pressurisation shouldn't affect aerosols, but I'd pity the poor cleaners having to clear up the mess!

Iflewrepublic

Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:29 am

Time to clue everyone in on a wonderful little invention...the Glad Sandwich bag.

If you put all the contents of your toiletry bag into plastic bags, you avoid this problem.

Iflewrepublic.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

VapourTrails

Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:00 pm

I don't think so, but it must happen on occasions. They are allowed in the luggage after all. I've had problems with certain types of shampoo or conditioner containers - the lid is forced off under pressure - and so I've learnt to wrap it in at least two plastic bags, or take one with a more secure lid, and wrap it up anyway.

I usually take a bottle of water on my flights. Last year during a flight I opened it and it made a loud pop, crack noise when I released the lid, due to the pressurisation. Embarrassment  Innocent
-VapourTrails =