Flying With Frontier

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:04 am

I just booked LAX-DEN-IAH and back with Frontier. I am real excited to fly this airline as I never have before. Unfortunately, I only have a 50 minute layover in Denver on the way to IAH and a 45 minute layover on the way back. I would have liked more time to check out the airport because I have never been there either. My question is if Frontier's flights all operate out of the same concourse because my layovers seem really short for such a big airport. Also, what are some general opinions about flying with Frontier? How do you guys like them?

RE: Flying With Frontier

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:26 am

All of Frontier's flights depart from their gates on the A concourse, and there are probably 10 or so right next to each other. You won't need any time at all.

I've always enjoyed flying Frontier.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:55 am

In 1957, after I got out of the Navy, I drove my 1954 Nash from NAS Moffett to New York where my parents lived. I had applied for many airlines, and hit them as I drove across the USA in Jan. 1957.

Among them was Frontier, out of DEN. I liked the idea of living there, and was warmly recieved by the Frontier Chief Pilot. He gave me a jump seat pass to fly the trips of my choice. I took a pairing that went South to ELP, then North to Cheyenne.

Interesting. All in a DC-3, over the Rockies, through the WX, and back to DEN. Starting pay was $250/month. I had been making $600 as a LTjg. No Thank You, Sir. Off the MKC for TWA, which hired me in March.

If I recall, the Frontier pilots got a screwing from UAL. They thought they'd merge, instead Frontier went under.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:18 am

I am sure if you talk to a certain mechanic for F9, he will be sure to throw another chalk into the engine of your outbound flight to IAH, thus giving you ample time to enjoy DIA.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:41 am

Plan ahead. Go to and see what would interest you during your short layover.

Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.