As you all know, Ryanair announced it would purchase Buzz. Cutbacks etc. were obviously expected but not to this extent. Buzz employees have received a letter with the following points:
- All Buzz flights will be grounded for at least the month of April 2003.
- 10 Buzz routes will be terminated on 31 March.
- Buzz fleet will be reduced from 12 to 8 aircraft (2 146 and 6 737)
- 400 Buzz employees will be made redundant from March 2003.
- The remaining 200 or so staff will be offered increased pay etc.
Sky News Article: