Bruce
Topic Author

Nothing Ever Happens In Huntsville

Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:05 pm

....that is, until march 29/30 weekend. The Huntsville Airport is sponsoring a pretty big Airshow! The Blue Angels will perform, along with other aerobatics, and some Static Displays - probably military-flight related but who knows. Maybe a "open house" tour of the cargo 747.....that's probably wishful thinking tho.

3/29 & 3/30 10am to 4:30...no admission, only price to park the car!

http://www.hsvairport.org/airshow/

Me & my D30 will be there of course! Should be some excellent photo opportunities. Maybe...just maybe...I can get in a little closer since i work for the media here in town. That is, unless I get a new job offer from these resume's that I'm sending out then I'll have to find a way to come back for the weekend.

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

HlywdCatft

RE: Nothing Ever Happens In Huntsville

Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:13 pm

Doesn't Cargolux often fly a 747 there?

LV

Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:14 pm

Oh, you work for the media in Huntsville, and you tired of your job too.

Glad Im not the only one, six years working as a television producer and it only takes two months at my newest station to force me out of the industry.

It was a half force, half, ive been thinking about getting out anway type situation.

Now I just hope I can find something outside of the industry, especially since my last day is this Wednesday (end of Feb. sweeps) and I a moving back to Missouri after that..

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one Bruce

Bruce
Topic Author

Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:53 pm

No, not cargolux. Atlas' 747 and sometimes an "MK" old 747. That and the MD80 passenger are the biggest commercial planes here.

wouldn't it be cool if Boeing brought a jet in as a demonstrator...like the new 777-300! We do have a couple boeing factories here in town (boeing rockets though). I know it probably wont happen because if they brought in a demo nobody would be able to buy a ticket on it because they dont fly that type here.

Actually, LV, I'm looking for a new job in the same field....different town. One that has a huge airport with excellent spotting opportunities, though that wasn't the main criteria in deciding where to send a resume!

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

HlywdCatft

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:24 pm

Did Cargolux used to regularly serve Huntsville? Because I saw pictures of Cargolux 747s there in the past.