AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Flying With Finnair!

Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:36 am

I'm planning a trip to St.Petersburg from Tunis in April....
My itinerary will be : TUN GVA LHR with LX and LHR HEL LED with AY.
What should I expect from AY?
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

Staffan

RE: Flying With Finnair!

Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:39 am

I'd expect them to fly me to St. Petersburg if that's where my ticket was for. I think you can expect that.

prebennorholm

Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:24 am

Be preperared that the FAs will talk Finnish and English to you and that you will understand only 50% of those languages. And don't expect any surprises. When you have flown on LH, AF, BA and such, then you won't tell the difference.

The biggest surprice you will experience (except on the ground in St. Petersburg) will be that the LX people won't talk a proper German language, but some strange "Switzerdytch" dialect which is very hard to understand. Eis, twoy, dry, vier, foyf, sax, siebe, ach, nyn, za - now at least you can count to ten. From there it becomes quite easy, foyfedriesk is of course 35, etc.

Have a nice trip! At foyfedriesk dusig Füsse (35,000 ft). Wish it was me.

Regards, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:03 pm

And one more question, can I spend the night airside at LHR somewhere in Terminal 1 because I arrive in LHR at 20h and leave the next morning to HEL at 07h30...
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)