QANTASforever

Qantas Livery Updates?

Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:50 pm

I know this topic has been speculated about over the last week but I thought I'd bring it back to the front of everyones mind in the hope of getting some updated answers to these questions:

* What was the outcome of the -OJB repaint?

* Any new info on a new scheme for a 744ER?

* Whats happened to -OJC?

* What is the likely aircraft type to receive the Rugby World Cup sticker treatment?

Thanks guys and girls,

QANTASFOREVER
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

na

RE: Qantas Livery Updates?

Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:54 pm

-OJB repaint?
I´ve seen "Wunala Dreaming" 10 days ago, in gleaming colours as if it was just painted newly in its 8 1/2 year old livery.

VirginFlyer

Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:22 pm

QF Forever - This topic over at the YSSY board should clear things up: http://www.vpmag.com/cgi-bin/yssy/msgboard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=Sydney_Airport&Post=9730&Idle=7&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=0&Session=

Quick answers to your questions:

- No, it has not been repainted yet. It will be delivered to New Iberia where VH-OJC is at the moment for repainting on March 3rd.

- None has been made public yet, though of course folks at Qantas of course know what is going on.

- VH-OJC is at New Iberia being repainted. It will swap with with OJB on March 3rd - presumably we will see it in Australia on March 4th.

- Again, nothing has been made public, and there is plenty of conjecture to go by. We will see in a few days if it is or isn't OJC, which has been one rumour.

Hope this is helpful, I know it isn't entirely what you want, but I think it is really just a matter of waiting until it is seen.

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

tsentsan

Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:20 pm

Until its repaint, OJB will be doing QF5/6. Inbound to SIN yesterday enroute to FRA, and will be in SIN on Saturday.

And I think the repaint date is March 7.
NO URLS in signature

VH-OJO

Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:52 pm

I have spotted OJB three days ago (FEB 25th) at FRA still in Wunala c/s. Also have seen OJC there on FEB 14th in Formula One livery.

Now I am mad at myself as I took SQ on the FRA-SIN-FRA on those exact days instead of my originally booked QF flights. I have always hoped to fly these two particular birds, especially Wunala. Although I am sure SQ service is superior to QF, I would have sacrificed my comfort if I have known this in advance.

QANTASforever

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:08 pm

Thank you all so much for the help.

I guess all I can say is that we all should get our pictures of Wunala while we can. I doubt Qantas will re-wunala-fy OJB. Especially since it is sheduled for the repaint in the USA.

But still....can't wait for the next 744ER delivery. Big grin  Big grin  Big grin
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

na

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:12 pm

Why would QF repaint -OJB to standard colours? Its their bestknown aircraft, and in my opinion, the most beautiful airliner of the world. That makes me sad.

na

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:27 pm

I just read the discussion on the link VirginFlyer posted. The ones participating in this dicussion who claim to know everything but can´t tell yet don´t say that -OJB will be repainted into standard colours. They leave it open, while -OJCs F1-livery definitely is a thing of the past now.

QantasAirways

Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:08 pm

It will be interesting to see what they can come up with.

Qantas has a great history of great schemes and I am hoping they won't let us down this time!

Regards
~QANTAS~
Spirit of Australia