Ikarus
Topic Author

Spielberg To Do An Aviation Movie... Well, Sort Of

Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:46 am

Hi

I'm not just an aviation geek, but, to some extent, movies also catch my interest. And so I thought I'd share this news from www.upcomingmovies.com.

Now, before anyone expects a John J Nance adaptation, "Airport 17: The story of 09/11" or anything: No, this isn't focused on flying or catastrophes.... One hint: The title of the movie is currently "Terminal"

Remember the guy who got stuck in Paris CDG for 11 whole years because of lost documentation, not allowed to leave the terminal building for the entire duration? (See this thread for more info) Well, that's what this upcoming movie is going to be based on. Tom Hanks plays the guy, and the story gets Hollywoodized (i.e. apparently it is supposed to become a love story - with the love interest being, naturally, a stewardess - and somehow I doubt it'll be about an Iranian refugee. Tom Hanks does not look particularly Iranian to me).

Anyway, look here for more info about the movie...

Now I wonder whether the poor guy whose life this is (very vaguely) based on is going to get a single dime of the revenue...

Regards

Ikarus

planespotterx

RE: Spielberg To Do An Aviation Movie... Well, Sort Of

Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:12 am

yeah i remember seeing the guy on skynews a while ago, poor guy, all he gets is what people give him, none the less, id kill to live at an airport all my life lol-lucky bugger-and get paid for it as he does, though i doubt he has anywhere to stack his herpa models lol
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

DeltaMD11

Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 am

Tom Hanks has been playing in a lot of desertion/marooned movies lately (ie Castaway). Starting a trend here?

Bryan
Too often we ... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BR715-A1-30

Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:08 am

Tom Hanks has also played in alot of aviation movies too.
Puhdiddle

elwood64151

Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:21 pm

Leave it to the Frogs to get someone stranded for 11 years! And they complain about US!

Just kiddin' of course! : )

Cheers!
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

Ciro

Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:29 pm

My favorite show ever is "Empire of the Sun", which is an (somehow) aviation-related, Spielberg movie. I am really looking forward to watch the new one!
The fastest way to become a millionaire in the airline business is to start as a billionaire.

Ikarus
Topic Author

Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:00 pm

Elwood: Haha... Well, in the movie the guy gets stranded in New York by the yanks. One point where I think Hollywoodization shows benefits, as that makes it easier to laugh at Amis  Big grin

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos