atcboy73

737-700 Vs A319 Or A320: Regarding AirTran

Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:29 pm

So since Air Tran is considering a new aircraft type I was just wondering which was the more efficient aircraft and which had the best range.

I have no idea how to find this info but I was wondering if someone could compare the 737-700NG with and without winglets to the A320 family.

cloudy

RE: 737-700 Vs A319 Or A320: Regarding AirTran

Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:23 pm

For efficiency - This question has been answered many times before. Since these planes are comparable in technology, it all comes down to what routes are being flown.

The A320 is better for some kinds of routes, the 737 in others.

As for range, they both can pretty much fly from any point in the continental US to any other point. So this will likely not be an issue.

For most airlines, the capabilities are similar enough that the decision on what to buy is based on other factors. The most important factors by far in A320 vs 737 decisions are price, financing terms, and fleet commonality. Performance is not as big an issue.

BWIA 772

RE: 737-700 Vs A319 Or A320: Regarding AirTran

Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:34 pm

This site has an aircraft data and history section you can get the facts from there well spec at least. Then I am sure if you do a search for the last month or 2 weeks you will find some. Type in Airbus 320 and Boeing 737....
Eagles Soar!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos