teahan

How Good Is Swissair?

Sun Nov 21, 1999 11:40 pm

I fly them all the time. I noticed that their business class sunk as fast as the Titanic in recent times. What do other people think?
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

avion

RE: How Good Is Swissair?

Mon Nov 22, 1999 12:34 am

The longhaul business class on the 332 and the M11 is very good. They all have PTV's and a stand up snack bar. The crew is very friendly and professional. The shorthaul business class on the 320/319/321 is average.

Avion

BTW: The new first class is the best i've ever seen.

teahan

Mon Nov 22, 1999 8:43 am

Their short haul business class is crap. They only have stand up bars on some long haul routes and the PTV's on the Md11's are gone.
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

TriStar

Mon Nov 22, 1999 10:13 am

Teahan, since you asked what people think; I think these rating threads are getting a bit ridiculous - as far as they weren't from the start.

Also, if your user info is correct, I think you may want to wait with posting messages in an open forum for a few years. At least until you get the four letter words out of your system.
With all due respect, I am of the humble opinion that if you can't express your opinions in an orderly fashion using appropriate vocabulary, it is best left unexpressed at all.

But who am I to say, right?

Finally, I wonder what it is exactly that you expect from C Class on very short and short flights. If a flight lasts thirty minutes, there's not much more a FA can do than serve you a meal or snack and a drink, and be polite while doing so. Comparing service on long haul and short haul is like comparing apples and oranges.

Best regards,

TriStar.

avion

Mon Nov 22, 1999 4:54 pm

They all have PTV's. They took the old ones out and put some new in.

ZRH

Wed Nov 24, 1999 1:27 am

Swissair's long-haul business class on its MD11's and A330's is excellent. They all have ptv, new ones on MD11. F/A's are very friendly, food is above average. Seats are very confortable. The 747's are old, but only in use until january 2000.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos