LH526
Crew
Topic Author

Some Chilean Aviation & LanChile News

Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:21 pm

Hi

- LanDominicana is now official, talks are underway and at least two ex lanChile B732 will fly for the subsidiary in the dominican republic.

- B732 CC-CSD (IIRC) stands freshly painted and converted with full LanCargo c/s at Santiago.

- Two LanChile B767 will be transfered to LanExpress on high demand routes, I dunno if they will get full LanExpress titles or if the LanChile titles remain.

- An ex MASair DC-8 is stored at SCL and rumours say she will be sold to the Museum of aviation at Los Cerrillos airport in Santiago

That's all the news I got whil meeting a friend who works at the LanChile base in Santiago, espect photos soon  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Mario
LH526
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

Ciro

RE: Some Chilean Aviation & LanChile News

Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:29 pm

As Brazil is currently going through a TAM / VARIG proposed merger, with a possibility to sell stocks to foreign investors; it would be interesting to see a bid from LanChile in buying a stake. Good opportunity for the Brazilian carriers to learn a bit with this great airline!
The fastest way to become a millionaire in the airline business is to start as a billionaire.

lanperu

RE: Some Chilean Aviation & LanChile News

Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:38 am

Where will the 767s be deployed? I have looked up flights from SCL ( domestic) and none of them show up as 767 flights. I checked the usual 767 route SCL-PMC-PUQ but I don't see anything ( Jul-Aug) Are you sure about this? I will be in SCL during AUG so if any spotter wanna meet, the more the merrier.

LanPeru