scottysair

Delta Connection To Suspend Service At DAL

Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:07 am

Delta Connection to Suspend Service at Dallas Love Field

This is very disappointed for service from ATL-DAL is suspend on effective June 1, 2003.  Sad

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-13-2003/0001907501&EDATE=

It's said that will be last service from DAL-ATL on May 31, 2003. Other customers are wanting used flying to DFW very much. Well, catch ya later!

Regards!

Scott W.

deltairlines

RE: Delta Connection To Suspend Service At DAL

Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:16 am

I had heard about some really poor loads on this run...some flights only had 12 pax on it, less than a 25% load factor. I guess more people were staying at DFW than going to DAL.

Jeff

brons2

Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:18 am

More from Airwise.net:

Mar 13, 2003

Delta Connection flights from Dallas Love Field airport, operated by Atlantic South East Airlines, are to end from June 1 it was announced today.

Delta says it intends to concentrate services at its Dallas/Fort Worth hub where nearly 50 ASA flights will be added this spring.

"Discontinuing service at any airport is a difficult decision," said Sam Watts, ASA's vice president - Planning and Development. "However, in the current economic climate we must maximize revenue generating opportunities across the ASA system by focusing on markets with the greatest revenue and growth potential."

Passengers who have booked travel to or from Dallas Love Field after June 1 will be contacted by Delta reservations to re-arrange their schedules.

ASA inaugurated service between Atlanta and Dallas Love Field on July 1, 2000, with six daily nonstop flights using Bombardier CRJ200s. ASA's 17 team members at Love Field will be eligible for transfer to other ASA locations, most notably at the ASA hub at Dallas/Fort Worth.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

jcs17

Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:16 am

Not really a surprise. I've been on the DAL-ATL roundtrip twice, and it was never once was it even half full. Dallas-Atlanta and Dallas-Houston are two different animals, and while CO Express has all the success in the world on the DAL-IAH runs, DAL-ATL doesnt have the same market. That being said, I'm sure 95% of DL travelers out of DFW had no idea that you could fly ASA to ATL from DAL, there was very little advertising about the service.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

deltairlines

Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:27 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see DL maintain a presence in DAL via the CO codeshare though.

Jeff

aa61hvy

Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:13 am

I never knew they flew that route from DAL!
Go big or go home

us330

Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:41 am

That could have been part of the problem.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos