SJC-Alien
Topic Author

MD-90 American Colors

Mon Nov 22, 1999 11:18 pm

I saw an MD-90 at SFO on 11/21/99 in all white American Airlines colors with red/blue stripe and AA tail logo(unk reg) does anybody know how many of the MD-90's will be painted in this interm scheme? Even the back of the engines had paint on them!!(now,,this last sentence is a joke for anybody on the west coast of California(USA) who watches MD-90's....no snarly responses needed)

sammyk

RE: MD-90 American Colors

Mon Nov 22, 1999 11:40 pm

I would think all of them would be painted like this since they were all Reno aircraft and already had paint on them. Does anyone know if AA plans to keep these birds, they are truly an oddball in their fleet...

Sammy

Tue Nov 23, 1999 12:20 am

Hi, those MD-90's you saw used to belong to Reno Air, they were bought out by American Airlines.

Tue Nov 23, 1999 3:24 am

We've been told that the of what a/c to keep from Reno's fleet won't be made for a year or so.We could not get delivery of new a/c quickly enough to support their routes as well as ours ;and since removing the paint and polishing is not a quick job only the decals would be changed now , the rest as each a/c comes up for a "C" check (major maintenance).There's also a separate timetable for redoing the interiors but i'm not "up" on that.But of course, the industry being how it is,i'm sure some of that info has changed already, "even as we speak" :-) FernAAndo (AA flight attendant)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos