svenvdm

What's Wrong With This Air France Cabin?

Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:36 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Ronciere

What does the photographer mean by "it ran into trouble"? Turbulence? And the seats went missing? Air France hasn't flown the 727 for ages and this shot is dated March 2003. It looks more like it's in the process of being taken apart and broken up.

American 767

RE: What's Wrong With This Air France Cabin?

Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:58 pm

Air France retired it's last 727 ten years ago. They had 29 of those but some of them (Idon't know how many) went to Ariana, the airline of Afghanistan. Now, where was this picture taken, that I don't know. Maybe that particular aircraft was with Ariana and recently retired or converted to a freighter.
I don't see what he or she means by "it ran into trouble". All I can say is that the aircraft is removed from passenger service, it doesn't look like it's damaged, it just look like airport employees had just been working on removing the coach cabin seats.
Yes, I remember very well Air France 727's, First Class seats used to be red and Economy Class seats used to be blue. I'm talking about the 80's, I haven't flown Air France since the late 80's. This picture shows that the coach seats were changed in the 90's.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

AJ

Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:09 pm

If you look at the associated photos it says it depressurised over the Alps 10 years ago:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Antoine Ossadzow
View Large View Medium

Photo © William Ronciere

View Large View Medium

Photo © William Ronciere
View Large View Medium

Photo © Eduard Marmet

American 767

Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:04 pm

I think you're right. I was wondering what these things coming out of the overhead bins were, now I understand. The aircraft must have suffered loss of cabin pressure .

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

707CMF

Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:27 pm

Having seen all the pics from the inside of that 727, I can assure you there is indeed something wrong with her.
There are blood stains all over the cockpit and in the main cabin.

The photographer (a friend of mine) had submitted a *lot* of pictures of the cabin, but most of those have been rejected (by Johann directly) because blood is not acceptable for this website.

BTW, thanks for the plug  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Antoine