717fan
Topic Author

Northern Airlines Another Fake?

Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:16 am

Is the planned Syracuse based airline another hoax? They planned operations with 717's from April on and searched for staff...they said to have spent some money in maintenance facilitys at Syracuse....
Does anybody knows more?

717fan
Topic Author

RE: Northern Airlines Another Fake?

Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:43 am

I sent a e-mail to them today, and I was surprised, 1 hour later I got the answer, that they are still planning to start 717 services soon. They offered that they will send some promotional material to me...So it seems that they are still alive...

Aerosales

Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:07 am

Could you please post the e-mail address or web-site
THX

m717

Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:24 am

Their web address is http://www.flynorthern.com. They used to have an "impressive" flash program giving all the details of their proposed operation. Now it's just a one page site with an address and other contact information.

I doubt that any company, including "Northern Airlines" could make any viable attempt at start-up in the current climate. For additional fun, search out info on other proposed "start-ups", such as Legacy Airlines or Crystal Airways. Big ideas. Zero capital.

MidnightMike

Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:42 am

So there is hope that this company may takeoff, wondering, once again, where are they going to get the 717's. The used car lot in the desert is sold out, all 717's coming off of the line are accounted for. The website is a pain-in-the-butt as you have to listen to the presentation.

NO URLS in signature

LHMark

Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:19 am

Are these the same guys who tried to get a C of A for legacy?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

BeltwayBandit

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:03 am

Maybe they have the inside track on some 717s that are going to be parked?

Seems to me that you could get some dirt cheap equipment out of the desert. The only reasons to buy new are: (i) generous manufacturer incentives, and (ii) the "maintenance holiday" associated with newer aircraft (soon to be the next accounting scandal?).

717fan
Topic Author

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:31 am

Pembrocke Capital has some 717's which will come out of the factory this year...and I am not sure if they are already placed with an airline, so Northern possibly is taking some on lease from PEMB. Or perhaps Boeing gives them a very good price for new build planes???

m717

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:55 am

Hello.....McFly.....

Northern Airlines isn't getting 717s or any other type of aircraft. They have roughly zero chance of actually flying. Where do you suppose any airline is going to get start-up capital these days? I see the financial world just chompin' at the bit to loan money to this type of operation. These various "start-ups" that I have listed above have all had websites for several years now. All proclaiming to be beginning operations sometime in late ----- (fill in the blanks with the current year). The year goes by, no aircraft, no employees (although Legacy did actually "hire" some crew, then shut the doors), no start-up. New info on the website, though. Starting operations sometime in ---- (fill in the blanks with NEXT year). Why? No money. Nothing has changed.

But, if you guys want to speculate where they will get these non-existent aircraft, go ahead. I guess it makes for some interesting conversation?

Dalmd88

Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:08 am

The Northern group had nothing to do with Legacy/Oneida. Northern has been in the works for many years and IMO been the most serious start up canidate of the previously mentioned 'airlines'. Do they have a chance of flying, I doubt it at this time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos