atcboy73

UUUGGGGGGgg, I Wish I Could Predict The Future!

Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:28 am

I keep reading all these articles about UAL possibly being CH 7 by June. The possible BK filling by AMR and record loses. High labor and fuel costs, war, terrorism, a lack of business travelers paying high fares, new low cost competition for the majors along with higher costs for security and insurance.

I wish I could come up with some kind of scale to judge how much the airline industry is going to change.

Is this the most challenging time for airlines in history? Even more so than deregulation?

I just wish I could predict the future and know what the aviation world will be like 10 years from now. Is anyone else feeling the same?

Are we talking no more UAL and no more ATA, Midwest or America West? When the economy starts to grow again and airlines get healthier will we see a bunch of new start ups?

UUUUgggggg, I don't know what to think, and for someone who has lovingly watching the awesome airline industry for years it just gets me.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Snoopy

RE: UUUGGGGGGgg, I Wish I Could Predict The Future!

Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:30 pm

Smile

You're not alone. If I could tell the future I would be sunning myself somewhere on a great sandy beach, not stuck behind a desk feeling as though I was in a kindergarten!

Herman

Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:30 pm

I'll tell you one thing, its up to you blokes to believe it !

America's economy will collapse, Israel will rise in power. Which at the moment America is the super power. Soon, it'll have to give way to Israel and We won't have much time left in this world and its going to end.

I hope that was a morale booster

Smokin cool

workbench

Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:35 pm

Both AA/UA will end up in CH7 by year end 2003, that should solve the problem for the rest of the industry by removing all the excess capacity.

fspilot747

Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:13 pm

You are probably wrong, Workbench.

FSP

jwenting

Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:16 pm

The future is simple: in a few billion years the sun will die and that will be the end of it unless we have cheap interstellar travel by then and can evacuate to a planet elsewhere, but even that is no more than putting off the inevitable end of the universe which will happen several billion years after that.

Everything in between is merely a footnote.
I wish I were flying