Tom in NO
Topic Author

TUS-Hamilton Aviation Question

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:27 am

I'm labeling my pictures from a recent trip to the west coast http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/30778 and I'm wondering about Hamilton Aviation's ramp space at TUS:

Do they operate two separate ramp areas at TUS?:
1) south on Park Avenue, just north of Teton?
2) off Park Avenue near a dogleg turn, just before Valencia?

I know I'm being a bit picky, but I'm trying to ge these pics referenced.

Steve/imisspiedmont, can you help?

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

IMissPiedmont

RE: TUS-Hamilton Aviation Question

Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:29 pm

Sho'nuff can Tom.

The aircraft stored at the intersection of Park and Valencia are indeed "hamilton" aircraft. The hangar they are stored behind is the SkyWest "A" check hangar (ex Go Group/Viscount Air Service/LorAir). Space was leased to store these 16 aircraft so Hamilton would have space to short term store the US 737s and MD-80s that are coming in for refurbishment this year. When in Tucson it is not uncommon to see aircraft shuttling between the 2 locations.

BTW the north hangar is an air ambulance operater with a G-1, several AeroCommanders, a Bell 206 or two, and a Metro.

Might this help?

Steve
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Tom in NO
Topic Author

RE: TUS-Hamilton Aviation Question

Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:56 am

That's what I needed. Thank you, sir!

Tom
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina