skymileman

Stop Fears Of Flying Before They Start

Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:17 am

With the somewhat growing fear of flying in our country, and the world for that matter, I think that the government, and any airlines who can commit visual, people, or financing should put together a program that would go around to schools, with several commercial airline pilots, and talk about the safety of aviation. The fear seems to be growing, and it would be very sad to see all those people miss out on such a wonderful thing, because of misinformation. Anyone have any ideas?

jtamu97

RE: Stop Fears Of Flying Before They Start

Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:46 am

It is so hard to change a persons mind once they have some sort of a fear in it. I do many adventurous activities including flying and no matter how much I try to convince people they will have fun and enjoy themselves, they have always heard a "story" and then that person makes the decision to never go out of the box. Honestly, I do not know what you could do assure people of safety. Unfortunately uncertainty=timidness. The fact remains commercial aviation still remains one of the safest forms of transportation, but the public rarely wants to hear or believe the facts. Finally, I do agree that is very sad that some people may miss out on the wonderful world of aviation.

Jay

Propeller, we don't need no stinkin propeller

skymileman

RE: Stop Fears Of Flying Before They Start

Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:24 am

very good points there  Smile