I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

A Few Questions For Flight Attendants

Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:50 am

I have a few questions for you professionals out there in regards to the liquor 'boxes' and the IFE headsets. How do you as a Flight Attendant get the money from the liquor sales and the IFE sales to the company? How do you tell between the F-Class Cabin liquor consumption and the sales in the back? Do FAs try to pocket some of the liquor money? How do they get in trouble for it?

I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

RE: A Few Questions For Flight Attendants

Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:45 am

Anyone?

Filler...

travatl

Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:10 pm

We make deposits just like everybody else. Simple, at the end of the flight, you tally up all your liquor sales, fill out an inventory form, and place it in a deposit envelope. Envelopes are then dropped either at your base, or given to alotted agents at field stations.

AND if flight attendants were trying to pocket the liquor money, would we say we were, and then explain how we were doing it in a public forum such as this? I don't know about every airline, but at mine, theft is theft...regardless if it's $4 for a beer, or $400 for a ticket. People lose their jobs for that, and in this environment, who wants to try to find another airline job?

Travis

I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:22 am

Thanks for the reply Travis.

I agree theft is theft and I was certainly not accusing anyone on this forum of stealing the money.

spinkid

Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:10 am

I don't think he was asking anyone to admit they were stealing, but more like if anyone knows of situations in the past where someone got busted. I've worked in retail and as a waiter and while I've never stolen, I've certainly seen plenty of people do it and seen ways that it could be done.