airmale

PIA Resume Thailand-Hong Kong Route

Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:48 pm

PK have resumed operations on their Bangkok-Hong Kong route unannounced, which was suspended due to overflight ban imposed by India on Pakistani aircraft, does anyone know if they're flying over Indian airspace or some other routing? the airspace over India was opened some time last year. PIA use an A310 for the service. Kathmandu, Delhi, Mumbai, Colombo, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta and Manila remain suspernded.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Steven Grace

.....up there with the best!

CPH-R

RE: PIA Resume Thailand-Hong Kong Route

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:14 pm

Could this be in order to cater for the reduction of flights from Europe? Given that BA (I think) has to stop in Bangkok, it would make sense for PIA to compete on the route (coming from the UK and onwards).

B747-437B

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:53 pm

Did it occur to you that perhaps PIA is using BKK as a crew stop similar to the way that BA is?
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

hkg82

Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:56 am

Huh? I thought PIA always flew from ISB to HKG via BKK? When was the overflight restriction imposed by India & how for how long? That means during the duration of the ban, PIA flew ISB-HKG direct?

Pakistan - Hong Kong passenger traffic isn't very high-yield I think & I wonder how long PIA will continue flying to Hong Kong in the current climate.

Hkg82.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos