762er
Topic Author

AA Starts ORD-OGG Nonstop, STL-OGG Comes To An End

Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:32 am

I hope the flight goes well for AA. I'd have to imagine that they're going to have to carry a pretty lite load coming out of Maui with less than 7,000ft. of runway to work with. Just thinking about it, what do you think is the longest route flown departing from the shortest runway? OGG-ORD would probably be up there at around 3,700nm when you take into acount routing and maneuvers for traffic. That's along way. Can anybody beat that? Maye SXM-CDG?

northwestair

RE: AA Starts ORD-OGG Nonstop, STL-OGG Comes To An End

Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:37 am

Maybe AA will change their flts from ORD-OGG to CGX-OGG you know so they can have a short runway at both ends!!!!!!!! To bab Daley screwed that one up. Big grin
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

trnswrld

RE: AA Starts ORD-OGG Nonstop, STL-OGG Comes To An End

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:55 pm

Well TWA was doing that flight for quite some time and ORD isnt but a couple hundred miles more. When I flew from OGG-STL on the TWA 763 we departed with plenty of runway to go and the load wasnt exactly leight by any means. Its sad to see the STL-OGG flight come to an end. Whats even more sad is seeing those exact 767-300's I flew on last summer parked without logos and some even missing engines. I wonder where they will go next?