United777
Topic Author

Open Skies Between India And Singapore Soon.

Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:58 am

India and Singapore could or will soon ink the deal on an open skies agreement that will allow Singapore Airlines or Silk Air fly non-stop to more cities India such as Goa, Pune or Jaipur.

Singapore currently flies to Delhi, Kolcata, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore in July. Silk Air flies to destinations in India including Cochin and Hyderabad.
Singapore Airlines with Silk Air serves more cities in India than any other international airline.

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/asia/story/0,4386,182272,00.html?

B747-437B

RE: Open Skies Between India And Singapore Soon.

Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:50 pm

more cities India such as Goa, Pune or Jaipur

I don't know the source of your information, but I assure you that Pune is ABSOLUTELY NOT in the list. The airport there is a restricted use military field and has no facilities for international operations. Please check your facts.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

United777
Topic Author

RE: Open Skies Between India And Singapore Soon.

Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:57 pm

Smile B747-437B - Your right I just put Pune in there just as a suggestion it can get a international airport in the future since so many airports in India are becoming international. PNQ would be a great alternative international airline from Mumbai though.

By the way I dont have as many sources as you on India's avation so do you want me to email you first to check if I have my facts are straight on Indian avation before I post anything.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy