trintocan

Excel Airways - What Routes From LHR?

Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:42 am

Back in late January I visited the spotting terrace at Heathrow (actually this was the week before it was closed) and noticed an Excel Airways 767 at T2. I was surprised to see it there, as I thought that Excel is a holiday airline. Does it fly any regular services from LHR or was the plane leased to another operator?

Thanks for any info in advance.

TrintoCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Rick767

RE: Excel Airways - What Routes From LHR?

Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:57 am

I imagine it was on a sub-charter or special charter at the time as I doubt they have any regular ops from LHR.
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

Crosswind

RE: Excel Airways - What Routes From LHR?

Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:12 am

Probably had nothing to do with Excel Airways. All the B767-200s that fly for them are wet-leased from Air Atlanta, over the winter only a single aircraft has been operating any flights for Excel.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © David James Clelford

Of the others, one still wears basic Excel livery but operates for other airlines, the other is in full Aeromar livery operating in the Caribbean.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Paul Dopson
View Large View Medium

Photo © Javier F. Bobadilla - IBERIAN SPOTTERS

Currently Air Atlanta are also operating a B767 through Heathrow on behalf of Nigeria Airways.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Matthew Willmott-Sharp

With 4 B767-200s in 4 different liveries, any planned or unplanned equipment changes on any of these aircraft by Air Atlanta will produce a livery other than the one you expect to see on that contract...

Regards
CROSSWIND