caravelle

Ryanair To PIK - What To Expect?

Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:32 am

OK, so I'm gambler. Ryanair to PIK. Don't know if the plane will take off, don't know if I'll arrive.
Your best bet?

- caravelle
Trains and boats and planes....

Rick767

RE: Ryanair To PIK - What To Expect?

Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:53 am

I reckon you will take off... and arrive... just like tens of thousands of Ryanair planes do every year.

What is your point?
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

gkirk

Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:06 am

Make sure those Ayrshire lot dont steal the a/c wheels  Wink/being sarcastic
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

airchabum

Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:28 am

Hi Caravelle

I flew STN-PIK-STN on RYR last Fri and it was most enjoyable. My flt was a 732...don't know what you're planned on. Basically it's free seating (so get to the gate early if you want a window seat), there's no magazine (apart from the duty-free guide) so take a book/mag if you don't want to get bored. You pay for everything (about £1 for a coffee i think) and it's charter seating but both flights departed on time and arrived early. Just like a bus service really, only cheaper!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Cheers
Biggidy biggidy bong

aussie_

Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:24 pm

What to expect? Not much!

antonovman

Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:31 pm

i flew BGO - STN on sunday, last flight of the day
aircraft was filthy inside, rubbish lying everywhere
set belts not even crossed, still laid as people had
unbuckled them, seat pockets full of rubbish and tray
tables covered in stains
was disgusting
f/a spent the whole time during the demo shouting at people
to be quiet so he could be heard
awful

Ikarus

Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:35 pm

expect a safe flight, nothing more, nothing less

mika

Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:45 pm

I flew Ryanair GOT-STN and back last week. It was most enjoyable i'd say. Clean aircraft (a B738) on both legs. Leaved on time and arrived 10 mins ahead of schedule on both legs also. Nice cabin crew. Only thing that might have been of complaint for the ordinary passanger (Not for me though i just thought it was cool) is that the pilot put down the plane pretty hard back in GOT. It bounced once and cought air and then finally landed on the tarmac. There were some people screaming about in the cabin while this happened so maybe it was a uncomfortable experience for some however it could proably have been any airline, nothing Ryanair specific. I'm going to continue flying Ryanair and other low fare carriers and boycott Star Alliance and it's members as far as possible.

Hope you have as nice a flight as i had with Ryanair.

bmi330

RE: Rainier To PIK - What To Expect?

Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:16 am

All I am saying you will not fly to a better destination period Glasgow's the best and PIKS a nice airport wouldn't book a return as you wont want to leave Glasgow ( west central Scotland) Further east you go the wearder it gets LOL

caravelle

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:14 am

Thanks for yor feedback, folks.
The flight was a no-hassle thing (but what do you expect?), the plane was dirty (outside and inside). The crew didn't impress me much. PIK was kind of like our very own Torp, not exciting. I had high hopes I could be watching some F-versions, PIK being heavy on those, but observation deck was closed - and, when in despair I went to the nearest bar, they hadn't opened. Add to this a two hour bus ride, a one hour wait, a two hour train ride, and a one hour walk and wait. Nope.

Farewell PIK. Farewell Ryanair.

- caravelle
Trains and boats and planes....

sevenair

Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:13 am

Expect a very steep approach. This has happened twice comin in from Charlerio CRL- its very uncomfortable and loud during decent on the 737-800; which is a nice plane!